How do I start?

Don’t worry - Olly’s Driver Training will help you every step of the way... 

​You firstly need to apply for the provisional licence entitlement (Category C or, Category D)

***  We recommend selecting both C and D for provisional licences for any future upgrades of licence *** 


To do this you will need to obtain a D2 and D4 form from the Post Office (we can provide these)  


Next you need to attend a medical (we can arrange this) and have the D4 form completed by the Doctor that conducts the medical.


The DVLA will check your documents are correct and if so, will grant you the provisional entitlement you have applied for.


Once you have your licence back, you need to attend your LGV theory (multiple choice) and hazard perception test (we can arrange this)

Helpful reading to ensure you pass first time - The official DVSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles

On successful completion of these tests, you can then undertake your intensive practical LGV driving tuition provided by Olly’s Driver Training. On completion of your training, you will take your practical LGV driving test (we book this for you)


If you are looking to drive commercially, or for hire or reward, then you will also need to compete your initial Drivers CPC. This involves  an additional theory test and a practical demonstration test (we book this for you) 


Helpful reading to ensure you pass first time - Driver CPC, The official DVSA Guide for Professional Goods Vehicle Drivers

It seems a lot but don’t worry. Remember all of the above is booked by us here at Olly's Driver Training and is included in your individual course fee.


Contact the office for further details or your free no obligation quote.

cpc test book.jpg